What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file or device that is downloaded to a user’s terminal equipment for the purpose of storing data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation. It is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you are accessing certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize to user.
Its main functions are:
- Take control of users: when a user enters their username and password, a cookie is stored so that they do not have to be introducing them for each page of the server. However, a cookie does not identify only one person, but a combination of computer-browser-user.
- Get information about the user’s browsing habits, and spyware attempts , by advertising agencies and others. This can cause privacy issues and is one of the reasons why cookies have their detractors.
There are different types of cookies depending, above all, on the purpose for which they are used, distinguishing, among others, the following:
- Analysis cookies: these cookies are used to carry out an analysis of the behaviors and actions of the users of the web page, as well as for the elaboration of navigation profiles in order to make technical improvements in operation and service.
- Advertising cookies: they allow an efficient management of advertising spaces based on a series of criteria, for example, to verify if the user has already had access to a news item or not and to update it with a new one.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: these cookies are responsible for storing information about user’s own behavior, focusing on their browsing habits. This allows to establish user profiles according to their behavior and use them to personalize the presented advertising.
What Type of Cookies Does This Website Use?
This website is using cookies that allow users to use and navigate through it, guarantee access to certain services, and improve the functional configuration of the website.